DEADLINE: Thursday, August 19 at 12PM CST
Planning to apply for Canada Council for the Arts, Manitoba Arts Council, or Manitoba Film & Music programs? Indigenous Music is launching a new round of grant writing incubators to support!
The incubator will offer practical support for beginner to intermediate Indigenous artists and industry professionals or who work with Indigenous artists in Manitoba who are recording a single, EP, or album for commercial release, and want to apply for funding from Canada Council for the Arts, Manitoba Arts Council, and/or Manitoba Film & Music.
Over three weeks, participants will be guided through the process of writing and applying for funding, with the guidance of experienced mentors. The program will cover application forms, budget, and marketing/project plans.
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be available the evenings of August 23, August 30, September 6 between OR Tuesdays August 24, September 1, September 7
- Be a First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis professional artist or music company based in Manitoba OR a company working with Indigenous artists based in Manitoba
- Be recording an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release OR recording demos not intended for release OR writing and doing pre-production for an upcoming project
- Have a sense of a release timeline and rough project plan that is relevant to the September deadline
- Be eligible to apply for:
- Incubator Deadline: Thursday, August 19 at 12PM CST
- Confirmation of Participation: Friday, August 20 at 12PM CST
- Mentor Sessions: Mondays August 23, August 30, September 6 between 1-8PM OR Tuesdays August 24, September 1, September 7, between 1-8PM
- Meeting with Program Advisor for final questions: September 15-16
- Canada Council Creating, Know, and Sharing Short-Term Projects Deadline: September 22
- Manitoba Film & Music Recording Production Fund Deadline: September 23
- Manitoba Arts Council Indigenous 360 Deadline: September 25
Fill out the application form at https://forms.gle/jM32bmNV1ndw35hX9 by Thursday, August 19 at 12PM CST.
Accepted participants will be expected to:
- Watch the info session that matches the program you’re applying for:
- Manitoba Arts Council Info Session on August 5 at 12PM CST via Facebook Live; and/or
- Manitoba Film & Music Info Session on August 6 at 12PM CST via Facebook Live
- You've Been Selected: How to Submit Stronger Applications by the program start date (recommended)
- Be registered on:
- Create or update an Artist CV
- Have assessment tracks recorded and ready by the grant deadline
- Complete a draft marketing plan guide
- Start a draft budget
- Meet with Program Advisor for final questions on September 15-16
- Submit their finalized application by the September deadline
For more info, please contact:
Ashley Bieniarz, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory