Manitoba Music is hiring an Industry Development Coordinator! This position is responsible for creating and delivering our professional development programming to nurture, develop, and promote the growth and sustainability of our membership and the Manitoba music industry.
We’re looking for a driven and outgoing individual with a passion for supporting the work of our music community, empathy with music makers at all stages of their careers, and an appreciation for working as part of a collaborative and dedicated team.
The coordinator needs a thorough understanding of the changing nature of the music business and the tools and contacts to help artist entrepreneurs and music companies build their business. Working towards an equitable and accessible music sector is a priority.
This position envisions, plans, promotes, and evaluates our workshop series and conferences, career consults and mentor meetings, community discussions, and industry resources. They build bridges and make connections in the industry, and help our members understand how to act strategically to make the biggest impact with their music and their careers.
Excellent administrative, time management, and event planning skills are important. The confidence and capacity to make decisions, manage information and prepare plans, timelines, budgets, funding proposals, and reports is critical. Creativity holds it all together.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Driven and outgoing with a passion for supporting the Manitoba music community
- Empathy with music makers at all stages of their career
- Knowledge of the music business and the tools and contacts to help artist entrepreneurs and music companies build their business
- Commitment to work towards an equitable and accessible music sector
- Administrative, time management, and event planning skills
- Confidence and capacity to make decisions, manage information and prepare plans, timelines, budgets, funding proposals, and reports
- Identify goals, needs, and objectives, and develop appropriate delivery plans for Manitoba Music’s professional development programs
- Coordinate Manitoba Music’s professional development and networking activities
- Develop materials such as guidelines, forms, communications, and marketing
- Manage program budgets and resources
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and report results to stakeholders
Consultations and Resources
- Provide career consultations and coordinate external mentors
- Oversee development of resources and materials
- Assist with research and disseminating industry information to members
- Prepare implementation plans including critical paths, project synopses, and budgets
- Coordinate participant and industry data, and program success stories
- Provide narrative and financial reports as required
- Coordinate accounts payable for professional development projects
- Represent Manitoba Music industry at local, national, and international events
- Identify and develop opportunities to connect with youth and the broader community
- Liaise with other organizations and develop partnerships where possible
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association with a mandate to help Manitoba’s music community reach its fullest potential. We work with over 700 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, creatives, and companies.
Manitoba Music is committed to equity and inclusivity. First Nation Peoples, Metis Peoples, Inuit, Black People, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2S, new Canadians, and people who exist at those intersections are encouraged to apply.
This a full-time position with a benefits package, dependent on annual funding.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a detailed cover letter outlining interest and experience, resume, and three references.
Please email your application by 4PM on Tuesday June 15, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.