APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 PM CST, Friday, April 27, 2018
Manitoba Music is partnering with FACTOR and the Consulate General of Canada in New York to produce an Indigenous artist showcase during Mondo.NYC, which runs October 2-5, 2018 in New York City. The project will include a series of meetings with industry, a showcase during the festival, and a networking event.
Mondo.NYC is a festival and global business summit of music and tech industry insiders and innovators, artists and their fans.
Invited artists and their representative will have costs covered for airfare and accommodations in New York City, and business support from an in-market consultant. Invited artists must be accompanied at Mondo.NYC by a manager, booking agent, or business representative.
The showcase is open to Indigenous artists residing in Canada. All participants must be 21 years-of-age or older.
For the purposes of this project, Indigenous artists are defined as follows:
- First Nation, Metis, or Inuit singer/songwriters, vocalists, DJs or leaders of bands.
- Individuals who have a track record of live performance and have released music commercially in the past two years or have plans to release music in the next six months.
To apply, fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/apply
Applications will be adjudicated by an artist selection jury. Applications will be rejected if incomplete.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Momentum, demonstrated by “recent developments” in the application
- Online profile and social media metrics
For more information about this project, please contact:
- call for submissions indigenous music development program imdp export market development showcase performance opportunity Mondo.NYC