SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, June 11, 2015
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is leading a small trade mission to Planet IndigenUs in Toronto this summer. The project will provide up to three First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music professionals with a chance to connect with international buyers and artists at a series of showcases and networking events set for August 6-10. 2015.
Participants will be able to access to the Planet IndigenUs events and will receive a roundtrip economy flight along with a hotel room in Toronto for the duration of the mission. Ground transportation and meals will be the responsibility of each participant.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music entrepreneur, industry professional, or self-managed artist
- Have a valid passport and the ability to cross all international borders
- Have a website, a Facebook fan page, and an active Twitter account
- Be able to provide opportunities in Manitoba for international artists and/or be able to take action on business opportunities overseas
To submit, fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your aboriginalmusic.ca profile page. Artists who are performing at Planet IndigenUs are not eligible for this project.
Also be sure to update your aboriginalmusic.ca artist profile page with:
- Current music (if you’re an artist or representative of a band)
- A recent artist bio or business description that highlights your international experience/relevance
- At least two current high resolution images (300 dpi) or a vector version of your corporate logo uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- International experience/relevance
- Ability to provide opportunities in Manitoba for international artists and/or take action on business opportunities overseas
For more information, please contact: