SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Thursday, March 17, 2010
Manitoba Music is presenting a showcase of Manitoba artists in Los Angeles on May 5, 2011.This event is an excellent opportunity to showcase in front of top names in the L.A.-based music and film industries. Los Angeles is home to some of North America’s most important music industry professionals and this showcase will target labels, publishers, music supervisors, program directors and more. Manitoba Music will work directly with each selected artist to identify members of the industry they are interested in inviting.
The showcase in L.A. will be a daytime event aimed at industry professionals. The showcase takes place adjacent to the MUSEXPO Conference (May 1-4), which participating artists or artist managers would be encouraged to attend.
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be export-ready (prepared to capitalize on international opportunities)
- Have financial capacity to undertake travel and accommodations in Los Angeles (Market Access Program Support is available, but will not cover full costs)
- Be a Manitoba Music member
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- “LA Showcase” in the subject line
- A link to a site where your music can be heard
- A rationale for how this showcase fits your development plan (approximately 250 words)
- Description of current team and an indication of which team members will attend the showcase.
- Current high resolution (300 dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Sean McManus, Program Manager