Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 2 PM
Indigenous Music is producing the fourth edition of the Talking Stick video series, which spotlights First Nation, Inuit, and Métis artists in Manitoba. The series will feature professionally produced live performances of new original music by up to four artists/bands along with on-camera interviews.
Indigenous Music and Manitoba Music will post the videos to YouTube and share via social media to target music fans, industry professionals, festival and talent buyers, and media. Participants will also be given the videos for their own marketing and business development purposes.
To be eligible to participate, artists must meet the following criteria:
- Be a First Nation, Inuit, or Métis artist or group
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba as well as a participant of the Indigenous Music Development Program (IMDP)
- Have a strong social media presence and local audience following
- Have recent professional career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming release - demo/EP/LP/single, tour, festival sets, industry showcases, awards and nominations, media coverage, etc.)
- Have not previously been featured in the first three editions of Talking Stick
- Be available for a full day of shooting in Winnipeg on Monday, December 11, 2023 between the hours of 10 AM - 5 PM
For the purposes of this project, we define Indigenous solo artists as First Nation, Inuit, or Métis recording artists who release original music under their legal name or a singular stage name.
For the purposes of this project, at least half of the people who appear in the latest promotional photos for an Indigenous duo or band/group must be First Nation, Inuit, or Métis.
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee of music industry professionals. The committee will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Indigenous Music profile page. It is recommended that you update your profile page with current photo, bio, links, etc.
For more information, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory