Deadline: Thursday, July 20 at 12PM CST
Indigenous Music is launching a grant writing incubator for the FACTOR Artist Development program. This incubator is for beginner to intermediate artists and industry professionals who identify as Indigenous or who work with Indigenous identifying artists in Manitoba who want to apply for FACTOR’s upcoming August 12 deadline for Artist Development.
Over two weeks, participants will be guided through the process of writing and applying for funding, under the guidance of experienced mentors. The program will cover application forms, budget, and marketing/project plans.
To get ready for this project, participants must watch the free online info session on July 13, 2021 via Facebook Live to cover all to cover all the Artist Development program basics, including what the program funds, what you need to apply, how to navigate the application using the FACTOR online portal, and what support is available for applicants.
Please note: FACTOR’s Artist Development is an entry level grant program not intended for artists that have been releasing music for more than three years and/or have already received significant funding from FACTOR. There will be no FACTOR Grant Writing Incubator for the October 7 deadline.
Info Session: Tuesday July 13 at 5PM CST via Facebook Live
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, July 20 at 12PM CST
Confirmation of participation: Thursday, July 22 at 12PM CST
Mentor sessions: Two hours on Mondays July 26 and August 2 between 1-8PM OR Tuesdays July 28 and August 2, between 1-8PM
Final Review Meeting with Program Coordinator on August 5
To participate in this program, applicants must:
- Be a Manitoba Music member
- Be a First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis professional artist or company working with artists based in Manitoba
- Be available for two hours on Mondays July 26 and August 2 between 1-8PM OR Tuesdays July 27 and August 3, between 1-8PM
- Be available for a final review meeting with the Program Coordinator on August 5
- Be eligible to apply for FACTOR Artist Development program
- Have plans to record an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release within the next year and/or have a sense of attainable goals for your artistic career and a project plan for a year of development
Please fill out the incubator application form below
Accepted participants will be expected to:
- Watch the FACTOR Artist Development program info session on July 13
- Have a FACTOR Artist and Applicant profile completed within FACTOR’s online portal
- Prepared a rough draft application (https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Hz0sO6TqNK9LFnrLOdZkmeFTDk0uiP4gUIdqw-jX3M/edit?usp=sharing)
- Have one assessment track (or demo) recorded and ready to be reviewed on August 5
- Submit their finalized application by the August 12 grant deadline
For more info, please contact:
Ashley Bieniarz, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory