SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 12PM CST Friday February 12, 2021
Presented through the Indigenous Music Development Program, Manitoba Music is now taking submissions for a virtual, pre-recorded concert celebrating International Women’s Day on March 8. This is an opportunity for First Nation, Metis, or Inuit women artists. Selected participants will receive an honourarium for their performance.
All performances must be recorded in accordance with public health guidelines. Artists should record from home or home studio, maintain appropriate physical distancing, and perform solo or with their designated social contacts, or with backing tracks if needed.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and a participant of IMDP
- Be a resident of Manitoba
- Be First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist
- Be able to perform for one original or traditional song
- Have the ability to record top quality video of your performance
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Fill out the submissions form below
- Update your Indigenous Music profile page with:
- Current music
- Links to social media
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi)
- Current bio
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Indigenous Music profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more info, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory