Call for Participants: Grant Writing Incubator | FACTOR Artist Development Program | Deadline: Oct 22
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, October 22, 4PM CDT
Planning to apply for FACTOR’s Artist Development Program? Manitoba Music is facilitating an info session and launching a grant writing incubator program to help! This program, run through MusicWorks at Manitoba Music, is for beginner to intermediate artists and industry professionals in Manitoba who want to apply for funding and have relevant project goals and timeline.
On October 13 at 6PM, Manitoba Music will run a free online info session via Facebook Live to cover all the Artist Development Program basics, including what the program funds, what you need to apply, how to navigate the application using the FACTOR online portal, and what support is available for applicants.
For those looking for some extra mentorship on their application, we’re offering a Grant Writing Incubator to up to 15 folks who are ready to apply for the November 12 deadline.
We’ll be running the Incubator via Zoom in two small-group work sessions, the weeks of November 2 and 9. Participants will be guided through the process of putting together an application with experienced mentors and with the intention of submitting a funding application to FACTOR at the end of the two weeks.
- Deadline to apply for Incubator: Thursday, October 22, at 4PM CDT
- Info Session: Tuesday, October 13, 6PM (click for more info)
- Small group mentor sessions: Two sessions, either Mondays November 2 and 9, or Tuesdays November 3 and 10
To participate in the FACTOR Grant Writing Incubator, applicants must:
- Have read through the FACTOR Artist Development application questions and requirements
- Have participated in the October 13 info session online
- Be available for two small group mentor sessions, either Nov 2 and 9, OR, Nov 3 and 10
- Be eligible to apply for FACTOR programs (see applicant requirements here)
- Have one assessment track (demo) recorded and ready by the application deadline, November 12
- Have plans to record an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release within the next year
- Have a sense of attainable goals for their artist career and a project plan for a year of development
- Pay a small participation fee of $15 once participation has been confirmed by Manitoba Music
To participate, please fill out the incubator form below.
For more info, please contact:
Elise Roller, Industry Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory