Call for Submissions: EMBARK: Export Accelerator Program | Deadline: Oct 5
Deadline: 4PM CDT on October 5, 2020
Manitoba Music’s EMBARK program is a new opportunity for artists and music industry professionals to develop their businesses in export markets. With physical limitations on travel and gathering for tours, showcases, and conferences, it’s important for artists and companies to find new ways to build their networks, make business relationships, and roll out international marketing plans in a meaningful way.
Through this program, Manitoba Music will work with participants to develop their target markets through mentorship, market training, cultural support and online networking opportunities.
The EMARK Program will include:
- Market intelligence to learn more about export markets
- Business mentoring to create a strategic market development plan
- In-market business consultant to develop business contacts
- Networking and B2B meetings with potential business partners
- Showcase production support to introduce artists to export market companies
Applicants must be ONE of the following:
- An export-ready artist from Manitoba; OR
- An industry professional from Manitoba; OR
- An out-of-province industry professional supporting a Manitoba artist; OR
- A Francophone or Indigenous artist or company based in Western Canada.
Please note: Manitoba residents must be an active member of Manitoba Music to participate in the program, if selected.
Applicants will be adjudicated based on:
- Strength of rationale of export marketing plan
- Export readiness
An export-ready artist:
- Has one or more team members (manager, publicist, agent, label, or publisher)
- Has regularly toured outside of Manitoba over the past 3 years
- Has released professionally-recorded music to streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) within the last two years, or an upcoming release in the next six months
- Has performed at an industry showcase or notable festival (eg. BreakOut West, M for Montreal, Halifax Pop Explosion, SXSW, Reeperbahn Festival)
- Has identified target markets with a rationale and export marketing goals
- Is an active member of a regional or national music industry association
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Membership & Events Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory