Call for Participants: Manitoba Film & Music Grant Writing Incubator | Deadline: Aug 27
Planning to apply for Manitoba Film & Music’s Music Recording Production Fund? Manitoba Music is launching a new grant writing incubator program to help! This program is for beginner to intermediate artists and industry professionals in Manitoba who want to apply for the upcoming September 17 deadline and have relevant project goals and timeline.
This program will be run through MusicWorks and the Indigenous Music Development Program at Manitoba Music. It’s open to all members, and there will be some information specific to IMDP participants. There is a limit of 15 spots available.
Over the course of two weeks, there will be one large-group overview session, and two small-group work sessions, all held over Zoom meetings. Participants will be guided through the process of writing and applying for funding, with the guidance of experienced mentors and with the intention of submitting a funding application to MFM at the end of the two weeks. The program will cover business registration, application forms, budget, and marketing/project plans.
- Deadline to apply: Thursday August 27, 2020 at 11AM CST
- Program Overview: Thursday September 3
- Breakout sessions: Two sessions, dates to be determined based on participant and mentor availability
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be an active Manitoba Music member
- Be available the evening of September 3 and at least two other evenings during the two-week duration
- Be eligible to apply for MFM programs (see applicant requirements here)
- Have two assessment tracks (demos) recorded and ready by the program start date
- Be recording an upcoming single, EP, or album for commercial release OR recording demos not intended for release OR writing and doing pre-production for an upcoming project
- Have a sense of a release timeline and rough project plan that is relevant to the September 17 MFM deadline
- Fill out the incubator application/registration form below
For more info, please contact:
Elise Roller, Industry Development Coordinator
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator