SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST Thursday May 28, 2020
Presented through the Indigenous Music Development Program, Manitoba Music is now taking submissions for a virtual concert celebrating fathers on Father’s Day June 21, 2020. This is an opportunity for artists who are fathers and identify as First Nation, Metis, or Inuit. Selected participants will receive an honourarium for their performance.
Per public health guidelines, all performances must be recorded from home or home studio where artists can maintain appropriate physical / social distancing, performing solo or only with the people already living in their home, or with backing tracks if needed.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and a participant of IMDP
- Be a resident of Manitoba
- Identify as a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist and a father
- Be able to submit a recording of your performance by June 15
- Be able to perform for 5-20 mins timeslot TBD
- Fill out the submissions form below
- Update your Indigenous Music profile page with:
- Current music
- Links to social media
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi)
- Current bio
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Indigenous Music profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more info, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory