SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST Thursday April 23, 2020
Presented through the Indigenous Music Development Program, Manitoba Music is now taking submissions for a virtual concert celebrating mothers on Mother’s Day on May 10. This is an opportunity for artists who are mothers and identify as First Nation, Metis, or Inuit. Selected participants will receive an honourarium for their performance.
Per public health guidelines, all performances must be recorded from home or home studio where artists can maintain appropriate physical / social distancing, performing solo or only with the people already living in their home, or with backing tracks if needed.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and a participant of IMDP
- Be a resident of Manitoba
- Identify as a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist and a mother
- Be able to perform via Facebook Live on Sunday, May 10 between 1-4PM
- Be able to perform for 15-20 minutes
- Fill out the submissions form below
- Update your Indigenous Music profile page with:
- Current music
- Links to social media
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi)
- Current bio
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Indigenous Music profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more info, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory