SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Thursday April 30, 2020
The Indigenous Music Development Program at Manitoba Music is producing a second season of the Talking Stick video series, which spotlights First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists. The series will feature professionally-produced live performances of new original music by up to four artists/bands along with on-camera interviews.
Manitoba Music will post the videos online and share via social media and, targeting music fans, industry professionals, festival and talent buyers, and media. Participants will be given the videos for their own marketing and business development purposes.
To be eligible to submit, artists must meet the following criteria:
- Have a strong social media presence
- Have cultivated a local audience and local media coverage
- Have recent professional career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming release - demo/EP/LP/single, tour, festival sets, industry showcases, awards and nominations, media coverage, etc.) Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba
- Identify as a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist or group
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba
- Have not previously been featured in season one of Talking Stick or AMP Sessions videos
- Be available for a day of shooting sometime in the summer (date TBD) in Winnipeg
- Fill out the form below
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- At least two recently-released songs or live performance videos
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your Manitoba Music profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete or late.
For more information, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator
Treaty One Territory