SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Monday December 9, 2019
Manitoba Music will be presenting a showcase in Los Angeles February 3-10, 2020. This is an opportunity for export-ready artists to perform for L.A.-based entertainment reps in a purposefully-organized setting.
Los Angeles is home to countless influential music industry professionals. This showcase will target music supervisors, publishers, program directors, labels, and more. Before the event, Manitoba Music will provide each participant and their team with personalized mentorship from an L.A.-based music mentor to identify industry targets and ensure the participant is well-prepared for building lasting business connections.
The showcase will take place in conjunction with a music industry networking event which participants or their artist managers would be expected to attend.
There will also be networking opportunities for Manitoba-based artists and music companies who don’t want to participant in a showcase. Contact us at your earliest convenience for more info
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Have recent professional career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming release - demo/EP/LP/single, tour, festival sets, industry showcases, awards and nominations, media coverage, etc.)
- Have at least two team members (e.g. manager, agent, publicist, radio tracker, publisher, label)
- Have a recent or upcoming performance outside of Canada, either with a showcase or tour
- Be available to perform a semi-acoustic showcase of primarily original music in L.A. between February 3-10, 2020
- Be available for mentorship 1-4 weeks prior to the event, either in-person or via Skype
- Have the financial capacity to undertake travel to and accommodations in L.A.
- (Export Showcase Program funding may be available, but will not cover full costs)
- Have an active Manitoba Music membership and updated profile page with current music, images, bio and social media links
- Be a current resident of Manitoba.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
Fill out the submission form here: https://marcatoapp.com/forms/manitobamusic/exportlosangeles
Applications will be rejected if incomplete.
For more info, please contact:
Elise Roller, Industry Development Coordinator
Treaty One Territory