SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM (CST), November 15, 2019
The International Indigenous Music Summit (IIMS), in partnership with Folk Alliance International, will be hosting the Indigenous Voices Room at Folk Alliance International 2020 in New Orleans. The IIMS will be running an amplified private showcase room the nights of January 23rd, 24th, and 25th, starting at 11PM.
The Folk Alliance International Conference is the world’s largest gathering of the folk music industry and community. The annual conference draws 2,900 artists and industry (agents, managers, publishers, labels, festival/venue presenters, promoters, media) dedicated to folk music. Delegates who attended the 2019 conference represented 48 countries. Held over five days, the conference includes workshops, panels, and meetings, over 100 industry exhibitors, plus special events, receptions, official showcases, private showcase performances, and an exhibit hall.
Submissions are open to all national and international artists who identify as Indigenous.
If selected, you will be required to register for the conference at: folkconference.org/register. Indigenous delegates of the summit are elligable for a discounted registration.
- Complete the form at marcatoapp.com/forms/manitobamusic/iims/new
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be available to showcase in New Orleans on either January 23rd, 24th or 25th of January, 2020.
- Provide updated information with current music, bio, promo image, links to social media.
- Have financial capacity to undertake international travel and accommodations.
- Complete submission in full.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Export readiness
- Track record
- Rationale for the showcase
Submissions will be evaluated by a jury of music industry professionals.
For more info, please visit www.indigenousmusicsummit.com.
For more information about the summit please email@example.com.
In partnership with Manitoba Music, the information collected in this form will only be shared between the International Indigenous Music Summit staff, Manitoba Music and the jury.
The International Indigenous Music Summit is proudly supported by Canada Council, Manitoba Music Indigenous Music Program and the Ontario Arts Council.
- Calls for Submissions International Indigenous Music Summit Indigenous Music Indigenous Music Export Export Folk Alliance International