Call for Submissions: Indigenous Day Live Music Meetings & Showcase | Deadline: May 30
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, May 30, 2019
Manitoba Music is presenting an industry showcase and conference in Winnipeg in partnership with the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network’s Indigenous Day Live celebration, June 21-22. The two-day session will include a day of professional development activities on June 21, including one-on-one meetings, panels, and roundtable discussions, and a showcase component on the afternoon of June 22 at The Forks.
This is an opportunity for up to six up-and-coming First Nation, Métis, or Inuit acts to perform for music industry delegates from across Canada as well as community members.
Participants will be selected by a jury of industry professionals to participate. PA, staging, and sound technician will be provided. A small honourarium will be provided to participants for their performance.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Have a track record of paid performances in the last year
- Have artist profile pages on social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
- Identify as First Nation, Métis, or Inuit artist or group
- Be available June 21-22, 2019
- Be able to perform up to 30 minutes of original material live
- Update your indigenousmusic.ca profile page with current music, images, bio, and links to social media
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your indigenousmusic.com artist profile page.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Quality of recorded music
- Quality of promotional materials
- Rationale for the opportunity
- Online presence and fan engagement
Submissions are now closed.
For more info, please contact:
Ila Barker, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator