Job Posting: Indigenous Music Export Coordinator | Deadline: Jan 8
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4PM on Tuesday January 8, 2019
Manitoba Music is seeking a self-motivated, creative, skilled relationship-builder to join our team as coordinator of Indigenous music export and market development activities for Western Canada. This person will work in tandem with our Indigenous Music Development Program coordinator and collaboratively with our team to produce, administer, and deliver compelling and relevant programs to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artist entrepreneurs and industry across western Canada to strengthen connections and generate opportunities for business capacity and export.
- Coordination and administration for Indigenous music export and market development initiatives, including live showcases, training, and networking and outreach initiatives,
- Identifying professionally-intended First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists and industry across western Canada and assessing the needs for professional, business, and market development
- Marketing of Indigenous music export initiatives and communications,
- Career consultations with artists, entrepreneurs, and companies,
- Evaluating programming, compiling results and success stories,
- Administration of the program including preparing plans, timelines, budgets, and reports,
- Must identify as Indigenous.
- Minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following areas: arts administration, event production, music presentation, music business, marketing, communications.
- Knowledge of and connection to Indigenous music, communities, and culture.
- Great written and spoken communication in English, and be comfortable using social media.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, notably Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience and connections in the music industry and/or working in a not-for-profit environment will be an asset.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time contract position ending March 31, 2021 with potential for renewal. National and international travel will be required. Consideration for remote work will be given. The salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Manitoba Music offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees.
Manitoba Music is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes any qualified applicant and values inclusivity.
Manitoba Music is located in Treaty 1 territory. We acknowledge the past, present and future generations of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and the Metis Nation, and the contribution of the Inuit people who have a strong community here in Manitoba.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé with a detailed cover letter and three references to:
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
ATTN: Hiring Committee
Applications should be hard copy or emailed PDF documents. Faxed applications will not be accepted.