APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday October 24, 2018, 4PM CST
Manitoba Music is seeking an experienced person to join our team as coordinator of Indigenous music export and market development activities for Western Canada. Reporting to our Executive Director, this person will work in tandem with our Indigenous Music Development Program and coordinator and collaboratively with our team to produce, administer, and deliver compelling and relevant programs to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artist entrepreneurs and industry across western Canada to strengthen connections and generate opportunities for business capacity development as well as exporting to national and international markets.
TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS
We are looking for a self-motivated, people-oriented, community-minded, open, and assertive person to join our team. The Indigenous Music Export Coordinator is someone connected to Indigenous music communities in Manitoba and beyond, and excited about the opportunity to amplify the work of those communities. This person is collaborative, creative, accountable, curious, adaptable, and resourceful. They will be a well-organized and strategic project manager with a history of success. The Indigenous Music Export Coordinator will balance tasks and projects with a sense of urgency, and a commitment to exceeding expectations. We are looking for someone who likes to learn and share, who loves going to live music events, and who is passionate about helping our music communities grow.
- Coordination and administration of all logistics for Indigenous music export and market development initiatives, including live music events, industry showcases, workshops and training programs, networking and outreach initiatives, and related projects,
- Identifying professionally-intended First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists and industry across western Canada and assessing the needs for professional, business, and market development
- Marketing of Indigenous music export initiatives and communications,
- Career consultations with artists, entrepreneurs, and companies,
- Evaluating programming, compiling results and success stories,
- Creating proposals, cost reports, and reporting for funders and partners,
- Administration of the program including preparing plans, timelines, budgets, and reports,
- Researching national and international initiatives, industries, and markets.
The Indigenous Music Export Coordinator will have a minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following areas: music presentation, music business, event production, grant administration, marketing, and communications. Experience and connections in the music industry will be an asset. The selected candidate will have great written and spoken communication skills in English, and be comfortable using social media. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment is an asset. Knowledge of and connection to Indigenous music, communities, and culture will be essential.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time contract position ending March 31, 2021 with potential for renewal. National and international travel will be required. The salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Manitoba Music offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees. Expected start date is November 12, 2018.
Manitoba Music is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes any qualified applicant and values inclusivity.
Manitoba Music is located in Treaty 1 territory. We acknowledge the past, present and future generations of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and the Metis Nation, and the contribution of the Inuit people who have a strong community here in Manitoba.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé with a detailed cover letter and three references no later than 4PM CST, Wednesday October 24, 2018 to:
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
ATTN: Hiring Committee
Applications should be hard copy or emailed PDF documents. Faxed applications will not be accepted