SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Thursday, February 9, 2017
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is leading a small trade mission to the Reservation Economic Summit and Los Angeles in March. The project will provide up to four First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music professionals with a chance to connect with tribal leaders, Native American recording artists, Native American media, Native American event producers and music professionals during a five-day mission to the region.
Participants will receive a roundtrip economy flight along with local ground transportation and shared accommodations. The group will travel to meetings together in a rented vehicle, but meals and other expenses will be the responsibility of each participant.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of Manitoba Music and a current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit music entrepreneur, industry professional, or self-managed artist
- Have a valid passport and the ability to cross all international borders
- Be able to provide opportunities in Manitoba for Native American artists and/or be able to take action on business opportunities in the U.S.
To submit, fill out the form at manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your aboriginalmusic.ca profile page.
Also be sure to update your aboriginalmusic.ca artist profile page with:
- Current music (if you’re an artist or representative of a band)
- A recent artist bio or business description that highlights your international experience/relevance
- At least one current high resolution image (300 dpi) or your corporate logo uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale (please use this section to explain what you plan to accomplish at the Reservation Economic Summit and in Los Angeles)
- Bio (please use the section to identify what you’ve done in the US in the past)
- Recent developments (please use this section to explain why it’s a good time for you to be at the Reservation Economic Summit and Los Angeles).
For more information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com.
For more information, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Development Manager