SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Thursday, March 5, 2015
Manitoba Music and FortWhyte Alive are teaming up to present the Manitoba Music Winter Songwriter Retreat 2015. The three-day co-writing retreat will bring nine emerging songwriters together to strengthen their songwriting chops through collaboration at a secluded lakeside field station and architecturally unique cabins at FortWhyte Alive, March 29-31, 2015.
We welcome submissions from artists of all genres. Transportation, accommodations, and meals will be provided. Applicants must be prepared to collaborate and co-write.
Participants will also be invited to perform at a post-retreat event on April 9, 2015 at the Alloway Reception Centre, home to the Buffalo Stone Café, at FortWhyte Alive.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be available from March 29-31 and April 9
- Be a Manitoba Music member and current resident of Manitoba
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to accompany yourself on an instrument is an asset
To submit, fill out the submissions form:
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale for how this opportunity fits your development plan
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.