SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm, Thursday, January 15, 2015
Manitoba Music is accepting submissions from performing songwriters or bands interested in participating in a new songwriters conference and festival hosted by Music PEI. The PEI SongWorks Conference and festival will include an opportunity for Manitoba artists to mentor Prince Edward Island songwriters, to perform for PEI audiences, and to showcase and pitch songs to international music supervisors and publishers from across Canada and the U.S.
The event will take place May 11-17, 2015 at various locations in PEI. The event will consist of demo writing and recording, songwriting workshops, and showcase performances at various venues in Charlottetown, Summerside, and Georgetown.
Artists will be provided with accommodations, artist honorariums, and travel subsidies. Final artist sections are made by Music PEI.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Be export-ready (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Be available to perform and attend sessions in Prince Edward Island from May 11-17, 2015
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba
- Preference will be given to award-nominated songwriters and international touring artists
To submit, fill out the submissions form:
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- Current music
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
- Updated Business Profile at manitobamusic.com/members/business-profile (must be logged in)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record
- Strength of team
- Export readiness
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator