SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, September 9, 2011
Aboriginal Music Manitoba is producing a promotional directory with contact information and profiles for Aboriginal recording artists from across Canada. The directory will feature multiple genres (everything from pow wow to electronica) and all listings will be free (all material MUST be sent in one email message).
The Aboriginal Music Directory will be distributed online to managers, labels, agents, festivals, radio programmers, publicists, music journalists, as well as many others who can help your career.
To be considered for the guidebook, you must:
• Be of First Nation, Inuit, or Métis ancestry
• Live in Canada
• Have a current or upcoming professional release (demo / EP / full-length)
• Have professional promotional material (photos, bio, website or MySpace)
Submit the following in ONE email message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• “Aboriginal Music Directory” in the subject line
• A 100-word biography or profile for yourself or the band (this will be printed in the directory and MUST BE 100 WORDS LONG)
• Please identify your genre in two words or less (eg. country/rock, blues, hip hop)
• Two high-resolution digital promotional photos
• Contact information for bookings: contact name, phone, email, and one website
• A high-resolution scan of the album cover for your current of upcoming professional release (demo / EP / full-length)
• One link to your music video or live performance video on Youtube/Vimeo.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Aboriginal Music Manitoba is a non-profit organization that presents, promotes, and nurtures Aboriginal music and culture in order to build audiences at the community level and beyond. The organization’s flagship is the Aboriginal Music Week festival.
For more info, please contact: