Submission Deadline: 4:00 PM CST Monday, May 9
The Gimli Film Festival, in partnership with Manitoba Music, is presenting Music at the Movies, a performance opportunity for five emerging Manitoba bands or solo artists to showcase their talent prior to each evening’s Beach Movie. This event is free and open to the public. Last year over 500 people gathered each evening to watch a movie on the 35- foot screen set on the shore of Lake Winnipeg.
Performances must be ‘family-friendly’ in language and content. We welcome submissions from emerging Manitoba bands or solo artists with full-band accompaniment who are prepared to perform a one-hour set for a large outdoor audience.
Artists will be compensated for their performance.
To be considered for a performance, you must:
- Have new music (demo, EP, full-length)
- Be available to perform on one of the evenings between Wednesday, July 20 and Sunday, July 24
- Be a member of Manitoba Music
Preference will be given to artists who:
- Appeal to a wide audience
- Have cultivated a local audience and local press
Submit by email to email@example.com the following:
- ‘Gimli Film Festival’ in the subject line
- A link to a site where your music can be heard, including a minimum of three finished songs
- A short description of recent accomplishments
- Current high resolution (300dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
- Artist bio (maximum 200 words)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record/local following
The final decision on performer selection will rest with the Gimli Film Festival.
For more info, please contact:
Rachel Stone, Association & Communications Manager