Now taking submissions for Manitoba Aboriginal Artists Volume 5 compilation CD
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOON, Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Manitoba Music’s Aboriginal Music Program is planning the release of a promotional compilation CD, Manitoba Aboriginal Artists Volume 5, in August of 2011. The CD will be multi-genre, targeted to music industry professionals working with popular and traditional genres (e.g. – rock, punk, pop, roots, hip-hop, pow wow, fiddle, etc.). It will be distributed widely through various music industry festivals and conferences, as well as directly to key players working in the Aboriginal and Native American music communities.
To have your track included for consideration, please submit ALL of the following:
• Mastered CD with selected track name and number clearly indicated
•The following information:
◦ Artist name, song title, songwriting and publishing credit, and track length
◦ Genre classification
◦ 20-word bio (for inclusion in CD liner notes)
◦ Contact information: contact name, phone, email, and website
◦ If applicable, label and publisher contact information
• One high-resolution digital photograph (for inclusion in the CD liner notes)
• Completed Grant of Rights form (available at http://www.manitobamusic.com/files/File/GrantofRightsLetter.pdf, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) or if applicable, a similar grant of rights form from the label or publisher.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
You must be a Manitoba Music member to be included on this CD. For more information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com or contact Donna at 204.975.4217 or email@example.com.
Submit by Noon, June 29, 2011 to:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Program Coordinator
1-376 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2J2
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.