SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Thursday, March 24, 2011
Manitoba Music is planning an afternoon/early evening of live performances at the Scotiabank Stage at The Forks on Canada Day -- Friday, July 1, 2011. One of Manitoba’s most popular summer destinations, the Canada Day event attracts thousands of visitors. This year’s event will celebrate and promote Manitoba artists and music with a multi-genre concert featuring four acts, including solo artists, bands, and DJs, on the marquee stage at The Forks. This event is free and open to the public.
Performances must be ‘family-friendly’ in language and content. We welcome submissions from high energy bands and solo artists with full-band accompaniment, in all genres.
Artists will be compensated for their performance.
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
- Have a current release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Be available to perform on the afternoon and/or evening of July 1, 2011
- Be a member of Manitoba Music
Preference will be given to artist who:
- Have received recent radio play in Canada
- Have cultivated a significant local audience and local press
- Appeal to a wide audience
Submit by email to email@example.com the following:
- “Canada Day at The Forks” in the subject line
- A link to a site where your music can be heard, including a minimum of three finished songs
- A short description of recent accomplishments
- Current high resolution (300 dpi) image or link to where one can be downloaded
- Professional artist bio (approximately 200 words)
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Track record / local following
For more info, please contact:
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator