Now Taking Submissions for Performance Opportunity: The Big Show
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4pm CST Monday, Thursday 22, 2010
Manitoba Music is planning an afternoon/early evening of live performances at the Scotiabank Stage at The Forks on Sunday, September 12, 2010.
Building on last summer’s Stage 8/29 event, The Big Show will celebrate and promote Manitoba artists and music with a concert featuring five to eight multi-genre acts, including solo artists, bands, and DJs, on the marquee stage at The Forks. The Big Show will coincide with the outdoor downtown celebration, Ciclovia, and will be promoted widely throughout the province on radio and television, including sponsor HOT103. The event will be free and open to the public.
Artists will be compensated for their performance.
Performances must be ‘family-friendly’ in language and content.
To be considered for a showcase, you must:
• Have released new music within the past two years
• Be a member of Manitoba Music
Preference will be given to artist who:
• Have received recent radio play in Canada
• Have cultivated a significant local audience and local press
• Appeal to a wide audience
• A link to a sample of new music, including a minimum of three finished songs
• A short description of recent accomplishments
• A high resolution (300 dpi) promotional photo
• A professional bio
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee that includes representatives from event partners and members of the Manitoba music community.
Submit by 4pm CST July 22, 2010 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info, please contact:
Ruben Ramalheiro, Program Coordinator