New guidelines and application forms for the Market Access and Corporate Annual Business Travel Programs are now available. They are in effect for the 2010-11 fiscal year. Please ensure you are using the new forms for all events and projects after March 31, 2010.
The purpose of the Market Access Program is to support Manitoba artists and music industry professionals in attending and enhancing their presence at professionally organized music industry conferences and showcases, in significantly enhancing their access to new markets, and in developing new business relationships through purposely organized showcases.
Important changes to the Market Access Program:
- The Approved Events list has been eliminated. Applicants are required to provide a strong rationale for their participation in the market development event.
- Eligible funding for the Market Access Program has increased to 75% of expenses to a maximum of $2000 for domestic events $3000 for international events.
- Artist applications now allow for artist fees, increased per diems, and admin fees.
- Industry applications now allows for increased per diems and admin fees.
- Eligible funding for CABT has increased to 75% of submitted budget, covered up to a maximum of $8000.
- Deadlines for artist and industry Market Access applications are now 30 days before the event.
- Deadlines for CABT applications are now 30 days before the first trip.
Applicants should refer to the new guidelines and applications forms for a complete list of requirements. Successful applications will include a convincing rationale and a strong marketing plan.
All guidelines and applications can be found under the Funding Programs section under the Resources tab on manitobamusic.com and in the Manitoba Music Resource Centre. Please see manitobamusic.com for a complete list of upcoming Market Access Program deadlines.
For more info, please contact:
The Market Access Programs are jointly-funded by Manitoba Music and Manitoba Film & Music and are administered by Manitoba Music.