The Banff Centre is accepting applications for the week-long voice intensive workshop. Participants will explore singing as physical experience, breath control capacity and resonance, understanding the vocal apparatus, care of the voice, and solo and group composition. Led by renowned Aboriginal musicians, participants will receive practical hands-on development that will enhance their confidence and skills as musicians.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 22, 2009
Enrollment is limited to 20 Aboriginal women and men (18 years and older).
Those accepted to the program will receive scholarship for tuition, room, and meals. Travel to and from The Banff Centre will be the responsibility of participants.
All applicants must submit:
• A completed application form;
• A non-refundable processing fee of $31(applications will not be processed or adjudicated until the fee is received by the Office of the Registrar);
• A brief statement of why you would like to participate and your expectations and goals for the program (one page maximum);
• A resume of your previous musical activities and/or accomplishments (one page maximum);
• A sample of work in either CD or DVD format (5-15 minutes in length), or you may include a web link (ie, myspace). Please note that digital files are not accepted at this time.
For more information please visit banffcentre.ca.