The mission of the Canadian Folk Music Awards is to celebrate and promote Canadian Folk Music in all its forms.
Canadian artists who have released recordings between June 15, 2007 and June 14, 2008 are eligible to submit their work for the 2008 Canadian Folk Music Awards.
The application form is available for download in PDF format at:
The following items must be sent with your application for each category to which you apply :
• The completed application form (download link to be posted here shortly).
• Six (6) copies of the recording for each category.
• $40 submission fee, payed by cheque or money order.
• One photo of the artist/group (high-resolution digital photos accepted by email or on CD) A brief artist bio (one page, 800-word limit).
• Proof of CD manufacturing and release date. Manufacturing invoices or a letter from the artist/group record label or distributor are acceptable (submissions to Young Performer of the Year category are exempt from this requirement).
The categories are:
Traditional Album of the Year
Contemporary Album of the Year
Children’s Album of the Year
Traditional Singer of the Year
Contemporary Singer of the Year
Instrumental Solo Artist of the Year
Instrumental Group of the Year
Vocal Group of the Year
Ensemble of the Year
Solo Artist of the Year
English Songwriter of the Year
French Songwriter of the Year
Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year
World Solo Artist of the Year
World Group of the Year
New/Emerging Artist of the Year
Producer of the Year
Pushing the Boundaries.
Young Performer of the Year
For more information contact:
Canadian Folk Music Awards
1111 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1S 3X4