STRONG, RESILIENT, INDIGENOUS, MUSIC
Indigenous Music is launching a special collaboration with Mohawk woman owned clothing company Reclaim Your Power for a social media campaign to amplify and inspire Indigenous music makers.
Running across the Reclaim Your Power and Indigenous Music Instagram and Facebook platforms August 27 through September 2, the campaign aims to encourage folks from coast to coast to coast to share what makes them strong, resilient, and Indigenous through personal storytelling, promoting music, and community-building.
Throughout the week, Reclaim Your Power and Indigenous Music will share posts tagged with #IndigenousMusic through their channels, including special posts from artists showcasing limited edition t-shirts from Reclaim Your Power.
Folks will also have an opportunity to win special prize packages featuring music and merch from Indigenous artists from across the country, including The Halluci Nation, Snotty Nose Rez Kids, DJ Shub, The North Sound, Drezus, Hellnback, Leela Gilday, Sebastian Gaskin, P I Q S I Q, Northern Cree, Silla + Rise, and more.
How To Get Involved
People can join the celebration of Strong, Resilient, Indigenous, Music August 27 to September 2 by sharing their favourite Indigenous musicians and stories about what Indigenous music means to them. Be sure to use #IndigenousMusic and tag @ReclaimYourPower and @MusicIndigenous.
Make It Your Own
First things first, get creative! Show us what makes you strong, resilient, and Indigenous. Personalize your t-shirt with pieces that represent who you are. Pick out your favourite jewelry, accessories, or hairstyle. Wear what makes you feel the most confident.
Creating Your Social Media Post
- Create a post that is meaningful to you.
- Pick a setting that is well lit, not too bright, and watch out for shadows. Choose a location that is personal to you.
- Make sure your t-shirt is in full view in the shot. We’d love to see “Strong, Resilient, Indigenous, Music”.
Caption, Hashtag & Tag
- Tell your followers how they can celebrate Indigenous music
- Bring attention to the campaign by sharing our vision (What does the campaign mean to you?)
- Talk about the importance, history, and future of Indigenous Peoples in music (What does Indigenous music mean to you?)
- Share triumphs and challenges of Indigenous Peoples music (What are yours?)
- How does Indigenous music impact your wellbeing and mental health? (How are you reclaiming your power?)
- How do you make Indigenous music your own? (What unique genre, sounds and artistic visions do you bring to the table?)
- Tell everyone who your favourite Indigenous musicians are and how they have influenced you.
Don’t have time to write a caption? No need to worry! Here are some captions you can use when posting
- Join us in celebration of Strong, Resilient, Indigenous Music! Tell us your favourite Indigenous musician with the #IndigenousMusic and tag @ReclaimYourPower and @MusicIndigenous
- Amplify Indigenous voices by sharing Strong, Resilient, Indigenous music. Share an Indigenous artist you’d like to support.
- Indigenous music uplifts, influences, and shapes us. We love hearing your stories about strong resilient Indigenous music. What are they?
- Strong resilient Indigenous music connects us and brings us back to our roots. Who introduced Indigenous music to you?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com